These vibrant rolls are crunchy and packed with vitamins, minerals and flavor! Use whatever veggies you have on hand and feel free to add tofu, shredded chicken or any other protein.
Yield: 4-6 servings
2-3 cups warm water
1 package rice paper rounds (You can find these in the international section of the grocery store)
1 bunch leaf lettuce, butter lettuce or spinach
1 large carrot, thinly sliced
2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 cup cabbage, thinly sliced (or your favorite veggie!)
1/2 large cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 Tbsp cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp ginger (fresh or dried)
1/2 tsp garlic (fresh minced or granulated)
- Pour warm water into a pie pan or shallow dish. Dipping one rice paper wrapper at a time, submerge the wrapper in the water for 30 seconds – 1 minute or until it is just flexible.
- Gently lay the wrapper onto a plate or flat service. Place 3-4 pieces of each vegetable into the center of the wrapper. Fold the bottom of the wrapper over the veggies and pull it tightly towards you. Slowly rolling the wrapper upward (like a burrito), tuck the side into the center of the wrapper.
- Set the finished rolls on a plate and repeat with the rest of the veggies and wrappers.
- In a small sauce pan, heat the peanut butter, soy sauce, water, ginger and garlic on low heat. Stir constantly and cook for 3-5 minutes or until fully incorporated and heated through.
- To serve, dip the rolls in the sauce and enjoy!