This recipe is so versatile: use any seasonal, fresh or frozen veggies you have ready to go! I like using hearty vegetables like spinach, kale, swiss chard, zucchini, squash, onions, garlic, etc.
Yield: 1 quiche (6-8 servings)
1 prepared pie crust, thawed
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
1 small onion, finely diced
1 small zucchini, finely chopped
2 cups swiss chard, chopped
1/2 cup deli or spiral ham, diced (or breakfast sausage, chicken sausage or bacon)
1/2 cup milk or half & half
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Evenly unroll the prepared pie crust into a pie pan. Bake for 5-8 minutes or until just set (not browned).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add garlic, onion, zucchini, swiss chard and ham. Cook on medium-low heat until for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and ham is heated through.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cheese and seasonings until well incorporated.
- Place the vegetable mixture in the bottom of the pie crust and spread evenly. Carefully pour over the egg mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until crust is brown and eggs are fully cooked and firm.
Love Swiss chard in a quiche.