Yield: about 4 servings
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1/2 cup carrots, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
2 small potatoes, diced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (oregano, parsley, basil)
2 bay leaves
1 quart chicken broth
3 cups packed spinach (or 1/2 cup frozen and thawed)
1 large chicken breast, cooked and shredded
Optional toppings: fresh grated Parmesan cheese, oyster crackers, fresh bread
- In a large pot heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery and potatoes and cook on medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften. Stir occasionally.
- Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning, stirring to combine.
- Add the bay leaves and broth and cook on medium heat until boiling.
- Once at a boil, add the chicken and spinach, stirring to combine.
- Cook on low heat for 20 minutes or until spinach is wilted and vegetables are softened.
Keep refrigerated for up to one week!