The BEST traditional chocolate chip cookie! Gooey on the inside and the perfect crispy edges.
Yield: 12-15 cookies
1 stick butter, softened (not melted)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place softened butter and sugars into a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer). Cream for 1-2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla, mix until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix the salt, flour, baking soda and baking powder until combined. Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir until fully incorporated.
- Scoop 2 Tbsp sized balls of dough onto a prepared baking pan (2 inches apart). Bake for 10-12 minutes or until JUST cooked/ browned on the edges (this creates the gooey center!).
- Allow cookies to cook 5-7 minutes to set up before serving or storing.