Yield: 6-8 servings
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp garlic (or one clove, minced)
1 onion, diced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 packet taco seasoning (or add 1 tsp each: garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, paprika and oregano)
2 bell peppers, diced
1/2 cup carrot, diced
2 cup sweet potatoes, diced (about 1-2 large sweet potatoes)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (pinto and white beans work too)
1 can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed (or 1 cup frozen corn)
1/2 jar salsa
1 (28 oz can) diced or crushed tomatoes
1 cup veggie broth (or water)
Optional toppings: Sour cream or Greek yogurt, diced scallions, tortilla chips, shredded cheese.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in the garlic and onion. Saute for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add in all of the seasonings and toast for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add in the veggies (bell peppers, carrots, sweet potatoes, beans and corn). Stir until fully combined.
- Slowly add in the salsa, crushed tomatoes and broth and stir to combine. Turn heat to low and bring to a slight simmer.
- Stirring occasionally, cook for 45-50 minutes or until veggies are cooked through and chili has become reduced and thick.
- Top with desired toppings and enjoy!