Friday night fish fry – but make it healthy! This baked alternative still packs in the flavor and decadence of classic fish fry with Sizzle Fish Haddock filets and an Old Bay seasoning mix in the light panko breading.
Link to the Haddock filets I used: https://www.sizzlefish.com/collections/haddock/products/haddock
Yield: 4-6 servings
3-4 (4-6 ounce) pieces of Haddock, defrosted if frozen
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups panko breadcrumbs (or regular breadcrumbs)
1 Tbsp Old Bay seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
2-3 lbs potatoes (I used baby potatoes), sliced into fries or halves
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the panko breadcrumbs, Old Bay and garlic powder in a large bowl. Dip each piece of Haddock into the eggs then the breadcrumbs, gently pressing the crumbs onto the fish to form a coating. Repeat this step once more for each piece to create a thick coating.
- Place the fish onto a lined baking sheet pan. Spray each piece of fish with a non-stick spray and bake for 15-17 minutes (or longer depending on the thickness of the fish). Turn on the broiler and broil the fish for 3-5 minutes to brown.
- Spread the potatoes onto a baking sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Serve the fish and potatoes together with ketchup, tartar sauce and coleslaw!