Yield: 4-5 cups of salad (enough for 2-3 servings)
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 Tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
4-5 cups fresh kale, stems removed, chopped in small pieces
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 lemon, juiced and zested
1/4 teaspoon each: salt + pepper
1 avocado, pitted & cubed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place drained chickpeas on a baking sheet and coat with olive oil, salt and garlic powder. Toss to evenly coat.
- Bake chickpeas for 30-35 minutes or until they are dark brown and crispy. Leave to cool.
- Place the kale in a medium bowl and add oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Massage the oil into the kale for 2-3 minutes (it should get vibrant green).
- Let the kale sit for about 5 minutes before adding the avocado cubes and cooled chickpeas. Toss to incorporate and serve!
If you like your salads heavily dressed, add 1-2 more teaspoons of olive before serving!