This Valentine’s Day, give the one you love something made with love! These bars are so simple and delicious, bae will be wanting them year-round.
For a more elegant look, roll 1 Tablespoon of dough into a ball, dip in melted chocolate and top with sprinkles!
Yield: 12-14 bars
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup peanut butter (sub: almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter)
1/2 cup maple syrup (sub: honey or agave)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups oats
1/2 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
1/3 cup chocolate chips (I like dark chocolate)
Sprinkles!! (optional, but so cute)
- In a medium bowl, mix ground flaxseed and water. This should resemble an egg-like consistency.
- Mix in peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon until fully combined. If this mix is very thick, thin with 1-2 Tablespoons of water.
- Sprinkle in the oats and coconut and carefully mix until a dough forms.
- Press the dough evenly into an 8×8 pan and freeze for 15 minutes.
- While the bars solidify, melt the chocolate chips.
- Once the bars are done, spread the chocolate over the bars and top with sprinkles!
- Freeze for 15 minutes before cutting into squares!
Store bars in the fridge/ freezer.
They look really cute! I love the heart sprinkles! Thanks for sharing this recipe 🙂
Here are calzones I made for a great dinner and my family loved them. Hope you give them a try and and enjoy them as well 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person