Yield: 4-6 servings
2-3 large bell peppers
1 Tablespoon olive oil
3 cups quinoa, cooked (rice, barley or cauliflower rice also work)
2 cups fresh spinach or kale
½ cup sundried tomatoes, finely diced
1 can chick peas (drained and rinsed)
¼ cup kalamata olives, diced
½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1 lemon, juiced
Salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut bell peppers in half and remove the stems and seeds. Place the halves in a 9×13 baking pan and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over low heat. Add in the quinoa, spinach, sundried tomatoes, chickpeas and olives.
- Sauté on low for 5 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Turn off the heat and add in the feta, oregano, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Scoop ½ cup (ish) of the filling into each pepper and top with a sprinkle of extra feta cheese.
- Poor 1 cup of water into the bottom of the pan and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the peppers are soft.