A mom-approved, favorite recipe! Perfect for any occasion (or every occasion!)
Yield 18-20 cookies
For the Cookies:
2/3 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
4 teaspoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Frosting:
4 Tablespoons butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract (the secret ingredient!)
1-2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl (or a stand mixer), cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg, milk and extracts. Blend in the flour, baking powder and salt, mixing until well combined.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/8 of an inch thick. Use cookie cutters to cut dough into shapes. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool cookies completely before frosting.
- For the frosting: Cream all ingredients together until smooth.
- Use a butter knife or tilted spatula to frost cookies and decorate to your liking!
Nice Hayley !!!! Love dad
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone