Yield: 4-6 servings
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
1 lb. ground meat (lamb, turkey, chicken or beef)
2 cups crushed tomatoes, canned
1/4 cup white wine, optional
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp Italian seasoning
3 zucchini, seeds removed
1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in garlic and onion, cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in meat of choice and brown over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato and wine, cooking for 8-10 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- Add seasonings to sauce and set aside.
- Set zucchini on a greased baking sheet and fill each with 1/3-1/2 cup of meat sauce. Top each with a generous sprinkle of cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until zucchini is soft and cheese has melted.