Yield: 4-6 servings
4-6 bell peppers, tops and seeds removed
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 yellow squash or zucchini, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
⅓ cup salsa
2 Tbsp cream cheese
½ cup enchilada sauce, split
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup cooked chicken, diced or shredded
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the bell peppers into a baking dish and add ¼ cup water. Cover with foil and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until just tender.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in the onion, squash and garlic, saute for 5-7 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in the salsa, cream cheese, sauce, black beans and chicken. Toss until fully combined.
- Stuff each pepper with ½ cup of enchilada filling and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.